Scales for the Eklipse from Hinderer Knives
Common Eklipse scale materials include G-10, carbon fiber, and micarta, each offering unique properties in terms of weight, grip, and aesthetics.
What is the Eklipse?
The Hinderer Eklipse is known for its quality craftsmanship, durability, and versatility. It features a titanium frame lock, making it strong and reliable for everyday use or tactical situations. The Eklipse comes with a variety of blade styles and finishes, catering to different users’ preferences.
Regarding the scales, the Hinderer Eklipse can be customized with different materials, colors, and textures to personalize the knife according to the user’s preferences. Scales can be easily replaced by the user, making it possible to switch between different looks or materials depending on the intended use or personal style.
About Hinderer Eklipse Scales
Scales are an important aspect of a folding knife, as they contribute to both the aesthetics and functionality of the tool. Here is more information on the common materials used for Hinderer Eklipse scales and their properties:
- G-10 is a high-pressure fiberglass laminate, made from layers of fiberglass soaked in resin and compressed under high pressure.
- It is lightweight, strong, and durable, making it a popular choice for knife scales.
- G-10 offers excellent grip and is resistant to moisture, chemicals, and temperature changes.
- It comes in various colors and textures, allowing for a high degree of customization.
- Carbon Fiber:
- Carbon fiber is a composite material made from thin strands of carbon woven together and bonded with resin.
- It is known for its lightweight, strength, and rigidity, making it a premium choice for knife scales.
- Carbon fiber offers a unique, modern appearance with a distinctive pattern created by the weave.
- While it provides decent grip, it may not be as grippy as G-10 or micarta, especially when wet.
- Carbon fiber scales can be more expensive due to the material’s cost and manufacturing process.
- Micarta is a composite material made from layers of fabric (such as linen, canvas, or paper) soaked in resin and pressed under high pressure.
- It is a durable, lightweight, and water-resistant material, making it suitable for knife scales.
- Micarta offers excellent grip, especially when wet, as the texture becomes more pronounced.
- It can be found in various colors, textures, and patterns, allowing for customization.
- Micarta scales may show wear and
Hinderer Eklipse Scales for Sale on eBay
Last Updated on March 29, 2023