About the Barlow BFF Fixed Blade Knife from Boker
The Boker Barlow BFF knife features a 4-inch blade made from high-quality stainless steel, with a full tang construction for added durability and strength.
The Boker Barlow BFF is a fixed blade knife made by Boker, a well-known German knife manufacturer. The handle of the Boker Barlow BFF is made from durable G-10 material, which provides a comfortable and secure grip. The knife also includes a Kydex sheath for easy and safe storage and transport.
The Boker Barlow BFF is designed as a versatile and reliable outdoor knife, suitable for a wide range of tasks including camping, hunting, and general outdoor use.
Boker Barlow BFF Review
The Boker Barlow BFF is a traditional folding knife that combines classic design elements with modern features. Here are some common aspects of the knife that users have appreciated:
- Build Quality: Boker is known for its quality craftsmanship, and the Barlow BFF is no exception. The knife is well-constructed with a reliable fit and finish. Users often appreciate the durability and sturdiness of the knife.
- Classic Design: The Barlow BFF maintains the traditional Barlow design, featuring a teardrop-shaped handle and a clip point blade. Many users appreciate this classic aesthetic, which makes the knife a great addition to any collection.
- Blade Steel: The Boker Barlow BFF often comes with high-quality blade steel, such as VG-10 or D2, depending on the specific model. These steels provide excellent edge retention and corrosion resistance, making the knife suitable for everyday use.
- Pocket-friendly Size: The Barlow BFF has a compact size, which makes it easy to carry around in a pocket. Users who prefer smaller, lightweight knives tend to appreciate this aspect of the design.
- Modern Features: While retaining a traditional appearance, the Boker Barlow BFF incorporates modern features such as a liner lock and one-hand opening mechanism. These elements make the knife more user-friendly.
Boker Barlow BFF Fixed Blade Knives for Sale on eBay
Boker Barlow BF More Info
Lucas Burnley, a renowned designer and full-time knifemaker from the United States, has designed the Boker Barlow BFF as a fixed EDC with full tang construction. This knife is a bridge between the historical roots of the tried-and-tested Barlow and the modern elements of Burnley’s Post Tactical line design. The Barlow’s characteristic drop shape can be traced back to English pocket knives of the 17th century, which makes it one of the oldest models. The name originates from a Sheffield knife manufacturer of the same name who began exporting the durable knives to North America in the 1800s, where they quickly became popular. The Boker Manufaktur also began producing Barlow models in the late 19th century.
The revised edition of the product incorporates elements of tradition, practicality, and tactical expertise in a cohesive manner. The Barlow BFF, which is relatively small in size, is composed of AEB-L steel that has been hardened through a freezing process. This type of steel is well-suited for cutting tasks, offers decent resistance to rust, and is simple to sharpen. The fixed blade version of this iconic product boasts contoured handle scales made of locally-sourced walnut wood, which provides a comfortable grip. A decorative hollow brass stud that doubles as a lanyard hole and other studs of the same hue add a visual flair. A customized black leather sheath with an integrated clip is included, ensuring a comfortable carrying experience. The Boker Knife Manufactory in Solingen produces this product by hand.